Hello lovely readers! Happy New Year to you all!
I have a couple of posts set up for you all to read but I pushed them back because I received an amazing comment early this year that I wanted to share. The lovely Kim over at Craft-Create-Connect has nominated my blog for A Sunshine Award. It is so great to hear that the readers are enjoying what they are seeing and that they care so much to let me know. This news brightened my day and gave me new motivation to continue to work and a create here on my blog for all of you wonderful people.
So to follow Kim’s lead I will answer the 11 questions that she asked her nominees and then follow those answers with 11 facts about myself.
First, the questions:
1) Let’s start with something important… White, Milk or Dark Chocolate?
Milk Chocolate all the way!
2) Coffee or Tea (or something totally different?)
Mostly tea but every once in a while I will enjoy a latte or espresso beverage at Starbucks.
3) Where do you find your inspiration?
Music, books, and movies mostly. Most of the images that come to mind are inspired through the music that I listen to. Many of the writers are able to put emotions into words so well, in a way that I am not so great at, that you can really feel or see what they are trying to say. I try to do something similar with my work and there are a lot of lyrics out there that help me with that.
4) Monday mornings… love em or loathe them?
I am not a huge fan of the Monday morning, I really like the slow pace of most weekends. I do really like my job though so that helps the motivation to get up and go.
5) What is it that keeps you blogging?
The readers and their response. It also motivates me to keep creating. That’s why I pushed myself with the “one post a week” goal last year. This way I would be sure to create and stay on track, something that is a little more difficult without the looming school deadlines.
6) Curl up on the couch or night on the town?
I try to find a balance. I enjoy a good night in with a book, cup of tea and a movie but I try to make sure that I go out and be amongst the people every once in a while.
7) Who would you say is your hero?
I would have to say that my main motivation is my family. They have always encouraged me and supported me. They never once discouraged me away from studying art, instead they learned about it, gave it more relevance and value, and embraced the idea like I did.
8) Best film of all time?
Such a difficult question… I will have to say “The Wizard of Oz” though. I have seen it more than any other movie ever. It’s definitely one of my favourites.
9) How would you describe yourself in 10 words or less?
Independent, creative, love to laugh, loyal, friendly, hard worker.
10) Do you have a job not associated with your blog? If so, what is it?
At work I am a Technical Illustrator, however, the work that I post here is all my own personal work and not related to my “day job”. I work for a defence contractor and can’t really post the work that I work on there.
11) Where else can we find and follow you?
You can find my detailed portfolio at www.erinhueston.com. You can also follow me on Twitter (@ehueston) and on Facebook (Erin Hueston – Technical Illustrator)
Now for the 11 facts about me.
1) I am the oldest of four children. Growing up with a big family is probably the reason why I like to be around people every once in a while and why my TV or iPod are always on.
2) I was the youngest person in my undergrad final year and I was the first person to graduate with a BAA Illustration degree to complete a Masters program.
3) I can play up to 6 music instruments and my sisters, friends, and I were part of a concert band that won gold nationally. We also performed together in Weimar and Prague.
4) My favourite book series is the Harry Potter series. I have read some of the books up to four times. I just completed a full read through this past fall.
5) I have always had a huge fascination and interest in movies. However, I worry about pursuing a career in the film industry for fear of it ruining the experience and magic.
6) My favourite season is the winter (no typo there). I am NOT a fan of the heat at all. I love curling up under blankets and wearing big cozy sweaters.
7) I love fun beverages. Whenever I go out shopping or anything, one of the stops is always to a coffee shop or smoothie place.
8) I am not always so great with my words when it comes to expressing my emotions. I try to use my sketchbook and my work to translate those emotions.
9) Working in my sketchbook or journal are my favourite forms of therapy. It’s so relaxing to sit and create something.
10) My favourite part of any big project or decision is the research. I am a master researcher!
11) My favourite things are laughing, dancing, and creating.
I would like to thank Kim again for this amazing honour. It is so great to hear such great things from a reader. I hope that you all continue to enjoy and continue to provide input and feedback throughout the next year.